3 Facts About Depression-Depression is an illness that is characterized by a prolonged sense of sad and a loss of interest in activities that normally we do gladly. The next sign is to stop running the usual activity done daily for at least two weeks.
Those who have depression usually has several symptoms such as, loss of energy, appetite changes, sleep disturbances (excessive, could also be less than long-sleeps normally), anxiety, decreased ability to concentrate, the inability make a decision, a sense of calm, not feeling guilty or worthless, hopeless, and thoughts to harm yourself or kill yourself.
In children the symptoms others are aloof, away from his friends, cranky or irritable, often crying, it’s hard to concentrate in school, changes in appetite or sleep (can be exaggerated or reduced). Children who are younger age could lose interest in play. Older children usually do risky higher previously dared them to do.
As powerful as any depresinya can certainly be cured. The nerves on the brain are elastic and will not change. This means that when subjected to severe depression can be healed again. The solution of severe depression can be done with positive thinking because of conditions beyond the human body can not be controlled, but in the brain can be controlled.
To prevent the impact of depression badly in order not to be done the following:
1. If you feel Depressed
• Talk to the person who you believe about you feel.
• Search for professional help, can start with to health workers and doctors.
• Maintaining good relationships with family, friends, and people around.
• Exercise regularly, even gentle exercise.
• Make it a habit to stay eat and sleep regularly.
• Avoid the use of alcohol and drugs. All of that is aggravating the depression.
• Keep doing the things you’ve always enjoyed, even when losing an appetite for doing so.
• Stay alert with the negative thoughts that continue to appear as well as excessive self-criticism and try to replace it with positive thoughts. Give the spirit and congratulations on ourselves for what we’ve got.
2. If the person living with Depression
• Explain to them that you want to help, listen without judging and offer
• Find out more about depression
• Push the friends/family who seek professional help for depression. Offer to accompany him or her to meet health workforce.
• When those living with depression get a recipe, help to take drugs in accordance with the recommendations.
Be patient, it usually takes a few weeks to sufferers of depression feel better.
• You can help run a daily task and making sure friends/family who have experienced depression eat and sleep regularly
• Encourage/push for exercising and doing social activities.
• When your friends/family who have experienced depression expressed thoughts of hurting yourself, do not leave alone. Looking for help from the emergency services or health care personnel the right (counselor, psychologist, psychiatrist). Meanwhile secure objects such as drugs, weapons and other sharp objects.
• Don’t forget to keep taking care of yourself by either. Find ways to relax and do things you enjoy.
3. If your child is Experiencing Depression
• Obrolkan with the child about its activities and things that are happening in the home, school, and school. Trying to find out things that are distracting thoughts/feelings.
• Talk with someone that you feel very get to know your child.
• Seek assistance from professional health workers (consular, psychologist, psychiatrist).
• Protect your child from the stress that is too big for her age, mental damage treatment and violence.
• Pay attention to the mental and physical health, your child needs especially when there are major changes in her life, such as moving to a new school or puberty.
• Strive for getting enough sleep, eating regularly, physically active and doing activities that are frowned upon.
• Take enough time with your child.
• If the child has been or even intend to ever hurt him, seek help from a professional as soon as possible to prevent it