Chronic Back Pain Causes-The structure of the upper backbone and the human shoulder blade is quite complex, making it more susceptible to injury. In daily life, the hands are always active causing tension in the shoulder muscles. Activities such as opening doors and stalled windows, doing housework, picking up groceries, holding a child, or on public transportation can keep hands busy.
So, hands and shoulders often get pressure so that potentially cause pain in the shoulder blade. In addition, there are many other factors that cause back pain (back pain) between the shoulder blades.
Here are some factors that cause back pain in shoulder blades:
1. Injury or Trauma. Structural injuries to the bone or shoulder ligaments can cause severe upper back pain.
2. Age. Degeneration of the cervical spine (bone neck) due to aging or bone disease can cause scapula pain.
3. Tendonitis. Tendonitis (sometimes a result of chronic arthritis) may be the cause of shoulder pain. Tendon inflammation of the shoulder causes upper back pain.
4. Operation. In the case of breast cancer surgery, cuts in the breast and in the armpit can cause pain in the shoulder blade.
5. Arthritis (Arthritis). Arthritis is a major cause of shoulder pain, especially in the elderly. Arthritis causes dysfunction in the joints of the rear ribs and upper back resulting in joint pain.
6. Osteoporosis. Osteoporosis causes the bone density to decrease so that the bones become weak. This condition can trigger pain in the shoulder.
7. Muscle Cramps. Muscle cramps while exercising or while performing daily work can cause severe pain in the shoulder or shoulder blades.
8. Rotator Cuff Muscle Injury. Rotator cuff muscles control and stabilize shoulder movements. When the muscle is injured it can cause upper back pain, especially when lifting arms.
9. Excessive Stress. Excessive physical and psychological stress can trigger upper back pain. People who experience depression usually will always complain of back pain.
10. Heart Disease. Pain due to aortic dissection can cause sharp shoulder pain. Pain in the shoulder or upper back is one of the symptoms of a heart attack, so it should not be ignored. Pectoris is commonly known as chest pain that can cause pain in the shoulder blades.
11. Impaired digestive system. Disorders of the pancreas, stomach, and esophagus can sometimes cause upper back pain. Abdominal pain that occurs due to digestive system disorders such as gallstone formation, kidney stones, or peptic ulcers, can spread to the shoulders. Problems of the liver (liver) can cause pain under the right shoulder blades.
12. Respiratory Disorders. Pneumonia, pulmonary embolism, or pleurisy (inflammation of the lining of the lungs) due to respiratory infections, can trigger chronic back pain and shoulder pain. Lung problems cause the shoulder to become sore while breathing deeply.
13. Wrong Body Attitude. The incorrect posture of sleep, sitting, playing, working, or standing is a simple cause that triggers a pain in the shoulder.
14. Extreme Cold Temperature. Excessive exposure to extreme cold temperatures can cause upper back pain.
15. Frozen Shoulder. This condition is common in middle age group. Frozen shoulder causes pain when moving the shoulder. Doing exercises to overcome frozen shoulder under the coach’s guidance is essential to facilitate shoulder and hand movement.
16. Bursitis. Inflammation of the bursae of the shoulder muscles or inflammation of the shoulder muscles causes swelling and pain in the shoulder.
17. Lifestyle Changes. Busy work schedules and busy people make people ignore their health. A fast-paced life can cause eating disorders. Lack of leisure time affects the exercise routine. The irregularities of diet and sleep, lack a balanced diet, as well as inadequate exercise, can cause upper back and shoulder pain.
18. Unhealthy Diets. Vitamin deficiency or consuming too much fat while eating can weaken the shoulder muscles, causing pain in the shoulder muscles. Bad habits such as eating processed foods, junk food, or foods that are not nutritious will result in the body becomes nutritional deficiency. The condition of the body that lack nutrition will make the shoulder muscles weakened and cause upper back pain.
19. Abnormal Changes. Diaphragmatic irritation may cause shoulder pain. In the case of ectopic pregnancy, a woman may also experience pain in the shoulder blades.