Medication For Major Depression-Depression is a mental condition in the form of mood swings that characterized by feelings of sadness, despair, depression, and despair. In the medical world known this condition known as a major depressive disorder. Mayor is a depression disorder mood disorders characterized by the occurrence of one or more episodes of depression that lasts for at least two weeks without being accompanied by other forms of disturbance history in the form of beads, mixed, or episode hypomanic. This condition is generally accompanied by four symptoms include changes in appetite and weight loss, changes in sleep patterns and activity, lack of energy, feelings of guilt, problems in thinking and decision making, and recurring thoughts about death or suicide. This disorder is sometimes also accompanied by characteristic traits – psychotic.
There are also other forms of depressive disorder is a mood disorder does not meet full criteria for a major depressive disorder, but it has at least two symptoms of depression that appears during at least two weeks. The condition – the condition that belongs to this group include minor depression, disorder, recurrent brief depressive disorder, dysphoric disorder and premenstrual. The criteria for the disorder depression minor are having the same symptoms in depression disorder duration as mayor, but with the severity of the light. A recurrent brief depressive disorder marked by several episodes of a relatively short (less than 2 weeks) symptoms of depression, however, meet the diagnostic criteria for a major depressive disorder. A premenstrual dysphoric disorder is a syndrome involving symptoms of mood (e.g., liability), symptoms of behavior (e.g., dietary changes), and physical symptoms (e.g., breast pain, edema, and headache). The pattern of symptoms occurring at a certain time during the menstrual cycle, and will improve in some period of time between the menstrual cycle.
Treatment of conditions of the depression in the form of a combination of psychological counseling (psychotherapy) as well as the use of medication – antidepressants drugs. Here are the common drugs – drugs used in the treatment of cases of depression:
- The selective serotonin reuptake PIs (SSRIs). It is the first line in the treatment of depression because it has a better level of security as well as the minimal side effects on appeal the other. That is including the SSRIs fluoxetine, paroxetine is, sertraline, citalopram, escitalopram and.
- The serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake PIs (SNRIs). Included in the SNRIs are venlafaxine, duloxetine, and desvenlafaxine.
- The norepinephrine and dopamine reuptake PIs (NDRIs) IE bupropion. This remedy is one type of medication that does not cause sexual side effects in the treatment of depression.
- The trisiklik, i.e., imipramine and nortriptyline, currently rarely used due to having a heavier side effect than other classes of drugs and only worn after undergoing treatment that does not provide an adequate response with the SSRIs.
- The monoamine oxidase PIs (Maoist), which consists of phenelzine and tranylcypromine. The drug is only given when the failure occurred on treatment with drugs the other because the drugs have serious side effects. In its use, the drug the Maoists need the strict diet as it can interact with food (such as cheese, pickles, and wine) as well as some medications including oral contraceptive medication, decongestant, and certain herbal supplements, that can cause the effect of harmful or even deadly. Medications – drugs can’t be combined with the SSRIs. Selegiline is the latest Maoist drugs used taped to the skin. This medication has fewer side effects compared to other drugs the Maoists.
- The atypical antidepressants. Is the drug – which is not classified as drugs into the other antidepressant drugs. That is included in this category are trazodone and mirtazapine.
- Both have the effect of sedation so generally consumed in the evening. There are new drug vilazodone sexual side effects that have a minimum.
In practice, the use of antidepressant drugs may be combined with other medications – drugs to enhance the effectiveness of the work of the drug. The doctor may recommend a combination of two classes of antidepressants or medications – drugs as mood stabilizers or antipsychotics. Drug antianxiety and drug stimulants may also be added for short-term use.