What Are Signs Of Depression-Depression is a very common mental health disorder that is more common in women than men. The American Psychiatric Association estimates that one in every 15 adults is affected by depression. It is a serious medical illness that can lead to other emotional and physical problems if not treated. photo of a girl thinking
Depression goes beyond temporary sadness, lasting two weeks or longer. The symptoms are severe and persistent. While each person may have different symptoms of depression, in general they can include:
- Feeling sad, anxious or “empty”
- Loss of interest in things they used to enjoy
- Changes in appetite
- Changes in sleep patterns
- Tiredness, fatigue, loss of energy
- Irritability, restlessness
- Moving or talking slowly
- Feeling guilty, hopeless or worthless
- Trouble concentrating or making decisions
- Aches, pains, headaches, cramps and other problems with no clear physical cause
- Suicidal thoughts
There are various therapeutic diseases that can cause these indications, so it is vital to see a specialist and discount different conditions.
In the event that you figure you or a friend or family member might experience the ill effects of discouragement, we urge you to call us or make a trip for an arrangement.