Best Drugs To Treat Depression-Some people ask themselves how drugs should help them with a mental illness such as depression, especially when they look at stress in the profession, tensions in the partnership or another difficult life situation as the cause of the disease. Such problems, which are perceived in the context of depression, are not eliminated by drugs. A successful drug treatment of depression, however, has the result that the lack of drive, hopelessness, and joy is fading away, and the existing problems appear to be less large and recoverable or part of the often bitter life.
It is very important to deal with the possibilities of drug treatment because only if you are convinced of the treatment, you take the anti-depressant drug regularly and over a sufficiently long period of time.
Antidepressants are specifically approved for treating the Depression disorder. They are an important pillar of treatment and are used by far the most. However, many sufferers are often skeptical about taking drugs. The following hints should help to better understand how antidepressants work and why they are an important part of the treatment.
- The most important thing about antidepressants
- Antidepressants do not become addictive.
- Antidepressants are not stimulants or sedatives and do not “high”.
- Antidepressants belong to the group of psychotropic drugs (drugs that are used against mental illness).
In addition, there are two other groups of psychotropic drugs, the effect of which differs significantly from the effects of antidepressants:
- antipsychotics/Neuroleptics for the treatment of schizophrenic diseases and delusional depression.
- Anxiolytics/hypnotics (sedative/sleeping agent) For example to treat anxiety and sleep disorders.