Diabetic Nerve Pain In Legs-Nerve damage is the effect of high sugar levels and poor blood circulation. Damage to nerves can also translate signals or responses incorrectly. For example, you get the usual touch but are considered by damaged nerves as pain. Pain is felt as well as burning, electrocution, or stabbing in the legs or arms. Lassas, how to deal with nerve pain due to diabetes? See 8 tips to overcome the following nervousness
1. Control blood sugar. Controlling blood sugar is the most important factor. Maintaining blood sugar levels within normal limits can prevent further nerve damage.
2. Take care of your feet. Baal or numbness in the legs can cause unconscious wounds. The wound can be infected which is difficult to cure. The solution, you can do prevention by taking care of your feet, such as:
a. Keep your feet clean and check every day.
b. Use comfortable shoe
c. Use socks with an eraser on the front and heel of the foot.
d. Cut straight toenails.
3. Regular exercise. Come on, exercise regularly! Exercise can improve blood flow to the nerves in the legs and feet so that it can repair damaged nerves. Exercise also helps reduce blood sugar levels in general and increases the threshold of nerve pain.
4. Warm bath. Start getting used to bathing with warm water. Bathing with warm water greatly helps blood flow to the skin of the legs and feet.
5. Consumption of complex vitamin B. Doesn’t forget to regularly take vitamins every day! Vitamin B (B1, B12, B6, and folic acid) is important for nerve health. Within a day, you can take 25miligram of vitamin B1, 200 micrograms of B12, 25 milligrams of B6, and 1 milligram of folic acid.
6. Pain medication.
If necessary, you can take pain medication. Ask for a doctor’s prescription, which is the most appropriate anti-pain medication for you.
7. Use capsaicin cream
The use of capsaicin cream has been shown to relieve nerve pain.
8. Avoid alcohol. Begin to get used to a healthy lifestyle. One of them is to avoid alcohol. If you want to try new activities or take a new supplement, it’s best to discuss it with your doctor. Remember that the most important thing in handling this nerve pain is to maintain blood sugar within normal limits. So, besides checking with a doctor, take medication regularly and live a healthy lifestyle.