Several years ago, refined sugar was called “White Death”, and its excessive consumption posed health risks. Fortunately for all lovers of sweet taste-there are natural sugar substitutes that are much less harmful to our body. Each of us can enjoy it, even people who suffer from diabetes! Some of you know them very well, while others, you will probably
Listen for the first time. That’s why we’re going to focus briefly on each individual.
Stevia is an ancient herb with a sweet taste that is the best possible substitute for sugar. Stevia is similar in the taste of sugar but is 300 times sweeter. Stevia does not contain calories and is very healthy because it contains vitamins (a, C, group B), minerals (potassium, calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, selenium), amino acids, pectin, fibers, etc.
The health qualities are as follows:
1. Regular use as a sweetener of normal blood glucose and insulin because it is rich in stevioside (sweet glycosides) that are involved in metabolism, but do not contain insulin. This makes it suitable for diabetics.
2. Improves the cardiovascular system.
3. Lowers the “bad” cholesterol in the blood.
4. Strengthens the immune system.
5. Improves gastrointestinal tract
6. It’s good for the liver.
7. Protects the teeth and gums from rotting, gum disease and others.
8. Has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
9. It soothes the nervous system.
10. Strong antioxidant, strengthens the small, improve digestion and metabolism, which makes it suitable for a diet.
However, it must be taken into account that stevia changes the taste of the products to which it is added!
The syrup (nectar) of agaves is 1.5 times sweeter than sugar and is ideal as a substitute. It is called “Honey Water”-as sweet as honey, but not so thick. Otherwise, the Agave is a plant that looks like the cactus that grows in the deserts of Mexico and is made from tequila. The Aztecs have used it for millennia to soften food and drink and to call it a gift of the gods.
1. It contains the important substance that fights decalcification in the body and osteoporosis and other
2. In addition, the production of the hormone stimulates GLP – 1 regulating the level of insulin in the blood and has a low glycemic index, so it is suitable for diabetics, but in moderation, and with medical supervision.
3. Contains substances that protect against colorectal cancer.
4. Suitable for nutrition, as it is quickly absorbed by the body.
5. Does not change the taste of the products to which is added.
Should not be overdosed and should not be used after the fermentation of people with diabetes as well as people who do not have such a disease. It can lead to many diseases such as diabetes, metabolic acidosis and disease like cirrhosis, as it is only metabolized in the liver. It can speed up the process of aging cells and lead to the loss of minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc and magnesium.
Xylitol is a white crystalline powder, which is extracted from the bark of the trees in Europe, especially birch and beech. has an elusive odor and sweet taste pronounced, compared to sugar, making it an excellent substitute.
1. It does not cause cavities and gum disease, so it is recommended by dentists.
2. Suitable for diabetics due to its low glycemic index, for people who want to decrease, too, but after consulting a doctor.
However, no overdose because it leads to a number of serious illnesses, including diabetes and hyperglycemia!
Contains antioxidant compounds that significantly inhibit the growth of cancer cells in the prostate, lung, breast, colon, and brain. In addition, insulin is released by acting on pancreatic cells and the sensitivity of fat cells to insulin increases significantly, making it a potent weapon against metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
But it is important to know that it can only be used by diabetics who are not dependent on insulin!